Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Microsoft.NET Framework Installation Problem?

I just reinstalled windows due to viruses and I am trying to get everything working. I found out a couple days ago that I needed to have .Net framework install some visual studio programs from windows. I downloaded the installer thing from Microsofts web site, started it up, and it stopped installing when it hit this item called





"C:\Windows\microsoft.NET\Framework\v2... /bootsrapi





I let it sit there all day long and it didn't do anything past this point. I checked the task manager and saw RegSvcs.exe so I thought what the heck and deleted it. The installation started running again. I thought everything was fine. I started up visual basic express to install it and it said Microsoft.Net framework improperly installed or somehting like that. I uninstalled what I had already installed, started the installation again and here I am, It's stuck in the same place with no error message. What is wrong and how can I fix this to make it work?

Microsoft.NET Framework Installation Problem?
I've installed Microsoft.NET but didn't have this problem so I'll give you generic answers. First, boot clean - run MSCONFIG, note what is checked, and uncheck everything. Once .NET is installed, recheck the items in MSCONFIG.





Two, download a file and registry monitoring software and see what files/registry entries are being accessed.





Three, did you apply all MS patches to Windows?





Finally, rescan your PC for viruses. Use several of the online sites listed below to verify your virus software is working.


I've personally reinfected my PC when recovering from a virus, so it can happen.





Mike Honeycutt

cyclamen

No comments:

Post a Comment