Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Can someone help me with C?

I am looking to learn C, to build a toy operating system.





My issue is that I learned C/C++ basics when the MS Visual version was 6.0.





Now I have the vc express 2008, and to start a simple program there seems to be a lot of standard code that never use to be there.





Do I need all of this? I am using an older book on C that doesn't use all of this new code and libraries.





Did C advance that much in 8 years? or


Is this .net? I didn't see anything saying that this version is .net, but I could be wrong.





CODE FROM OLDER BOOK.


#include %26lt;stdio.h%26gt;





main()


{


printf ("hello");


return 0;


}





VC 2008


#include "stdafx.h"





using namespace System;





int main(array%26lt;System::String ^%26gt; ^args)


{


Console::WriteLine(L"Hello World");


return 0;


}





FILES


This comes with


2 - Header files


2 - Resource files


3 - Source files





Any help in clearing this up would be great.


Any good links would be great also





To sum it up, I feel like I'm looking at two langs

Can someone help me with C?
Anything named from 2003 up (including 2008) is dot net. ASP.net, C++.net, C#.net, VB.net, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment